[Patch] Use Qt XML to decode config.xml files

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Apr 4 12:03:19 PDT 2011

On Monday, 4 de April de 2011 15:00:28 Simon McVittie wrote:
> * since QtXML and QtDBus are released together, using Qt to parse XML gives
>   us a circular dependency: Qt contains QtDBus needs libdbus which needs
> QtXML which is part of Qt

That means that, if you want to use this backend, you have to compile Qt
without D-Bus, then compile D-Bus, then compile Qt again with D-Bus.

In terms of time spent compiling, you're probably better off by getting expat
set up... but hey, if this helps you, sure, go ahead.

In any case, I'd recommend using QXmlStreamReader from QtCore instead of the
DOM classes from QtXml. They're faster, more compliant and more strict, and
have better error recovery.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358