Query on dbus-glib runtime error

Bindu Sunil bindu.sunilj at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 6 06:33:19 PDT 2011

I have initiated a dbus session bus connection.
Created a proxy to connect to the remote interface (org.bluez).
I then make a method call using dbus_g_proxy_call.
I'm running this in a mainloop.

When I run my code, it seems like the connection and proxy creation are
fine, but after a timeout, I get the following error and the method call has
not happened.

Please let me know what could the issue be? Do I need to set some config
somewhere which is violating the bus policy?

The error is:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did
not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.