Newbie question: dbus_bus_get() and dbus_error_is_set()

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Apr 7 07:41:45 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Simon McVittie
<simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

> I've been somewhat reluctant to revert it because libdbus has historically had
> a lot of fatal warnings for things that are non-trivial, or even impossible,
> for callers to check. dbus-glib is getting better at that, though (see

Ah, I see.  Basically we don't have 100% mirroring of the libdbus
preconditions in dbus-glib; I think I remember this coming up before.
But I wasn't asking for it to be reverted - rather I think it could
make sense as the default, given it matches GLib.