Creating signal using Qt and Glib bindings

Bogdan boguslaw.lotko at chello.at
Fri Apr 8 12:41:50 PDT 2011

Hello,

Until now, for my tests, I’ve been using Qt D-Bus bindings, now in the “real world” I have to use the GLib bindings.

 My question:

How to create a signal (using Glib bindings), that is identical with the one created with the following Qt statement:

connectionX.createSignal( <objectPath>, <interface>, <methodName> );

This signal has to be received by the Qt application that uses following Qt connect statement:

connectionY.connect( <service>, <objectPath>, <interface>, <methodName>, this, SLOT(…) );

Neither in the g_signal_new() nor in the g_signal_emit() methods I can’t recognize the  <objectPath> and  <interface> parameters.

Thank you for your help,

With best regards,

Bogdan Lotko