dbus 1.4.8 still not working on Windows (MSYS/MinGW)

Mat matlinuxer2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:40:28 PDT 2011

hi,

as I know, the default env setting on windows is,

"DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=autolaunch:scope=install-path"

the "install-path" let dbus resolve the dbus session channel by "path
of libdbus-1.dll", so "the file location of libdbus-1.dll" and "the
search path order" will affect the connections between run-time
processes.

btw, in my previous test, dbus seems to check libdbus-1.dll's parent
dir's name, and its related path "bin/libdbus-1.dll" ( parent dir name
should be "bin" ), and ...etc/. So I suggest that preserver the
original directory sturcture and put it on one of the system default
search path.

hope this helps,

sincerely, Mat.