Emitting Signal using Qt and GLib Bindings (continuation)

Bogdan Lotko boguslaw.lotko at chello.at
Mon Apr 11 14:39:10 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have to repeat my question, its quite important for me, so please help !!!

Using Qt bindings emitting of signals ( broadcasting ) is very simple:
QBbusMessage msg = QDBbusMessage::createSignal( <objectPath>,
<interface>, <methodName> );
   dbusConn->send(msg);

My question is:
How to do this same using GLib bindings?

My goal is to sent a broadcast message to different groups of
applications, I'd like to differentiate signals by <objectPath> and
<interface>,
so that different application groups will receive only according signals.

  As I already mentioned in my previous mail, neither in the
g_signal_new() nor in the g_signal_emit() methods I can't recognize the
<objectPath> and <interface> parameters.

The interface name can be given in the interface definition .xml file
but then, unlike in the Qt binding, I have to create and register an
object in this case only for emitting of signals and the Interface name
is fix - I can't change it dynamically. Is it correct?
Also the <objectPath> seem to be taken from a registered object - the
same problem as above, I can't emit signals changing <objectPath>,
<interface>,dynamically as in Qt

In the low level API for DBus I've seen the method
   dbus_message_new_signal( <objectPath>, <interface>, <methodName>
),but I don't know if it is possible to use it together with GLib bindings.
An example will be very helpful.

Thanks for your help,

with best regards

Bogdan Lotko