Stopping the d-bus daemon when the last connection closes

Thomas Sondergaard ts at medical-insight.com
Tue Aug 23 01:10:15 PDT 2011

Hi,

I wrote a message to the mailing list a few weeks ago about getting the
dbus-daemon to exit when the last client disconnects, but I didn't get
an answer. Not sure if the tone in my message was impolite, or the
request stupid, but I thought I'd try again.

I have an MS-Windows application (originally born on Linux) that uses
D-bus for communication between processes. On Windows the default
autolaunch: address causes a dbus-daemon to be created that is shared
with the desktop-session. This means a useful bus pops into existence
the first time you need it - very nice. Now, when my application is
closed by the user all my processes go away, but the dbus-daemon.exe
lingers. I'd like it to go away when the last client disconnects or
briefly after.

Is there a way to get that behaviour now? I imagine this would be useful
  on Windows in general.

Best regards,

Thomas