Compression over the net

Tobias Nissen tn at movb.de
Sun Aug 28 12:45:12 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am considering the use of dbus for an application that transmits data
over the internet. The payload sizes range from strings of the size of
some bytes and binary data of some megabytes of data.

I would like for the payload to be compressed. Is dbus able to compress
its traffic?

If not, I'd consider compressing the payload myself and sending a byte
array (in reference to the dbus type system) of the compressed data.

I would appreciate any comments on this matter. Is dbus the right tool
for this kind of task?

TIA,
Tobias