Request for feedback on an overview article of the ooRexx language binding for D-Bus ...

rony rony at wu.ac.at
Mon Aug 29 14:37:16 PDT 2011

Hi there,

the current state of the ooRexx language bindings for D-Bus is feature
complete, but still needs thorough testing. (So it may take another
month or two, before it can be officially announced as being available
and ready.)

In the meantime I came up with a draft of a simple overview article ("An
Introduction to the D-Bus Language Binding for ooRexx"), that tries to
explain the D-Bus concepts and gives ooRexx nutshell examples to show
ooRexx programmers how to take immediate advantage of it.

---

It would be great, if you could skim over chapter 2, "Overview of D-Bus
(D-Bus Concepts and Terms)", and letting me know whether you find errors
in it or whether you have suggestions on how to improve on it. (This
chapter is aimed at newcomers, who may not have had any programming
exposure to D-Bus. As such, if it is understandable and correct it could
serve for others as well.) The more feedback (in any direction), the better!

Here is the URL:
<http://wi.wu.ac.at/rgf/tmp/dbus/onthefly/dbusoorexx-rgf-20110829.pdf>.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them! If you
have any advice, please let me know!

TIA,

---rony

P.S.: Will be on the road for a week or so and am not sure how often I
will be able to check the lists and mail.