Exchanging 64 bit data between windows and linux

CHAUVE Adrien adrien.chauve at quantel.fr
Wed Aug 31 02:10:06 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to use QtDBus to communicate between a linux server and a
windows client, but I can't get to exchange 64 bit data (double or
INT64).

While it works fine when my client runs also on linux, I get the
following behavior when the client runs on windows:
- send (INT64):       0x1234567 89abcdef
- receive (INT64):  0xef320001 89abcdef
So the last 32 bits are OK but not the first ones. This is just the same
for DOUBLE.

Is this a known problem or have I missed something?

My configuration:
- windows: tested with Kde packages for vc90 and mingw (latest stable,
dbus version is 1.4.1, Qt 4.7.1)
- linux: tested with dbus 1.4.14 and 1.4.10, Qt 4.7.2)

Thanks,
Adrien