How to manage opened apps with Dbus

Hector Blanco white.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 08:48:24 PST 2011

Hi everyone.

I have recently discovered Dbus and I've been "playing" with it a bit.
Specifically, to interact with the Network Manager and it's great! It
looks like Dbus is extremely powerful...

Now, what I'm trying to do is application control (specifically,
Chrome). I have a chrome browser and I'd like to know if there's any
way to use dbus to communicate with it, know what pages it's
displaying, switch tabs "remotely"... Any hint will be very
appreciated.

My main programming language is Python (I'm using Python dbus). I'd
like to have this running in Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 (just in case it's
relevant)

This is my first message to the list and I'm not very sure this is the
right place to ask a question like this. If that's the case, please
let me know!

Thank you in advance.