A dbus.mainloop.NativeMainLoop instance is required [Was: Re: dbus-python: support for Windows and OS X]

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Feb 4 00:29:54 PST 2011

Am 03.02.2011 13:49, schrieb Simon McVittie:
> I don't develop on Windows, so I'm afraid you're on your own here; I'm somewhat
> surprised dbus-python*compiles*  on Windows, to be honest.

There are some patches required to make it compilable on Microsoft
compilers, see
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/emerge/portage/testing/dbus-python/.
I did not compiled it with the windows port of gcc (mingw) yet, but i
guess it will be possible to create a similar patch too.

Are there any chances that these patches can be in upstream ?

Ralf