tutorial for Windows

Romain Pokrzywka romain.pokrzywka at kdab.com
Mon Feb 28 17:04:11 PST 2011

On Monday 28 February 2011 12:07:40 Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Romain Pokrzywka
> <romain.pokrzywka at kdab.com
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi Vincent,
> >
> > If you just want to make sure the bus starts up correctly, you can open a
> > console and go to the bin folder where dbus
> > was build, then try running:
>
> they are in my PATH.
>
> > dbus-daemon.exe --session
>
> done
>
> > which starts up the bus, then :
> >
> > dbus-monitor
> >
> > It should print out some info, that means your bus is up and running, and
> > ready to register services objects.
>
> actually, no. I have:
>
> $ dbus-monitor.exe
> Failed to open connection to session bus: Failed to get autolaunch address
> from launched dbus-daemon
>
> in the Task manager, I see one dbus-daemon launch by dbus-daemon.exe
> --session. Then when i launch bus-monitor.exe, I see 2 others
> dbus-daemon.exe processes, one terminated almost immediatly (so it remains
> 2 dbus-daemon.exe processes running).
>
> That's all I can say.

Thanks for the info.
Weird, that sounds like dbus-monitor was built with a different version than dbus-daemon. The symptoms you describe
indicate that dbus-monitor doesn't recognize the running daemon, which is normally a built-in mechanism.
I suppose you don't have any other dbus builds in your path, or previous installations, and that you didn't modify the
file etc/session.conf  ?

Otherwise it sounds like a problem related to the options passed (or not) when building dbus. Can you provide us with
the following :

- which source version you used (1.4.x ?)
- what build tool you used : cmake or automake
- which command line options you passed it

Thanks,
Romain