"DBus Embedded" - a clean break

Ed Hemphill ed at izuma.net
Thu Jan 20 19:27:45 PST 2011

I share in the need for your idea... We looked at dbus for our embedded
system, but in the end it was simply too complicated and slow. It's great
for the Desktop and its features are important and necessary. But it doesnt
fit the bill for embedded systems.

I also looked at Android's binder, but it is too heavy on Java. In the end
we ended up writing our own system. We mostly use Unix domain sockets which
are very fast on Linux. We go all binary. If you need to move really big
pieces of data shared memory would be great - we just dont need it.

Ed