"DBus Embedded" - a clean break

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 08:57:50 PST 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 at 17:42:47 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > > On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Simon McVittie
> > > <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> > It also seems rather perverse to go from int milliseconds (libdbus) to
> > floating-point (libev) back to int milliseconds (poll/epoll/select)...
>
> (Just some nitpicking: neither epoll() nor select() actually take msec.)

My mistake, select takes (seconds and) microseconds. That's a simple matter of
integer arithmetic, though.

The epoll_wait man page claims that epoll_wait and epoll_pwait take
milliseconds. (Or is the man page wrong? I haven't got far enough with main
loop restructuring to actually try epoll yet.)

For completeness, poll does take milliseconds, and pselect and ppoll take
(seconds and) nanoseconds. The wonderful thing about standards, etc.