"DBus Embedded" - a clean break

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 05:22:44 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Alberto Mardegan
<mardy at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Agree with all the above, except about usage of POSIX message queues: they
> are a limited resource, and if all we are doing is passing a handle to a
> shared memory area, a FIFO might just be as good.

How are message queues a limited resource? Is it that messages can't
be swapped to disk or...?

>> Thoughts?
>
> In a small fraction of my already limited free time, I'm studying how to
> implement a similar monster. See:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2011-January/013964.html

Nice. Just making a simple service discovery mechanism sidesteps all
the politics involving the communication itself (you could also broker
p2p dbus connections through this mechanism).

Instead of having it as a "hobby" project, let's see if we can find a
way to have someone implement it on paid time to accelerate the
process...

--
Ville M. Vainio @@ Forum Nokia