Concepting a new IPC (was Re: "DBus Embedded" - a clean break)

Scott James Remnant scott at netsplit.com
Sun Jan 23 08:57:01 PST 2011

Nothing about the D-Bus protocol requires the starfish design through
the daemon; you can do D-Bus peer-to-peer in which case it is truly a
lightweight binary protocol.  In terms of bus-based, there is decent
work underfoot to base D-Bus on top of a multicast AF_UNIX socket
using the bpf to replace match rules.

Scott