dbus-python: support for Windows and OS X

Lukas Hetzenecker lukas.hetzenecker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 01:56:45 PST 2011

Hello,

I'm the developer of the cross-platform application Series60-Remote, which is
written in Python. I would like to use an inter-process communication
framework and D-Bus seems to be a great choice.
Are there already python bindings which support also Windows (and OS X)?

I used the binary package for the D-Bus server of the KDE-Windows project and
this seems to work correctly. But I can't get the python bindings to work.
I followed the instructions of the deluge project [1], but they seem to be
outdated (they switched to an other IPC framework in January 2010).

Is there anybody who has used dbus-python already on Windows or has an
installation howto?

Thanks,
Lukas

[1] http://www.slurdge.org/deluge-on-windows