Java DBus compile problems

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Thu Jan 27 13:09:49 PST 2011

Am Thu, 27 Jan 2011 00:53:38 +0000 schrieb Matthew Johnson:

> On Wed Jan 26 23:37, Andreas Volz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just try to compile an Java DBus source code, but fail:
> >
> > http://codepad.org/ujmod0oy
> >
> > This is the error:
> >
> > http://codepad.org/hKMxyukh
>
> Well, the error isn't in the source above:
>
> DSITracer.java:7:
>
>  @NoReply("true")
>
> it should just be @NoReply()

Thanks, this works. I found the problem in the XML file:

    <method name="start">
      <annotation name="org.freedesktop.DBus.Method.NoReply" value="true"/>
    </method>

The DBus-C++ uses this annotation to create a NoReply function. As I'm the
maintainer of the C++ binding I could change this. Not sure who defined it to
be "true"/"false". Is the a list of available defined annotations somewhere? Or
is this binding specific?

regards
	Andreas