Question: why empty introspeciton files from org.freedesktop.Notifications and the like ? Repository of org.freedesktop introspection files available ?

rony rony at wu.ac.at
Sun Jul 17 04:13:58 PDT 2011

Sorry, if wasting bandwidth, as I have found out that the object to
address had to be "/org/freedesktop/Notifications" and not "/". Then
introspection and invocation of methods works as expected.

Still another question: are there general rules whether a "default
object path" should exist and what the format of such a "default object
path" should be, in the case that one cannot research/find out what the
object path should be in order to call Introspect()?

[So far I had wrongly assumed a root path "/", but it could also be the
case that the bus name is used, where the dots get replaced by slashes
plus inserting a slash at the beginning of the object path.]

---rony