How can I moniter and wait for dbus session is on?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jul 26 05:55:38 PDT 2011

On Tuesday, 26 de July de 2011 15:42:03 Weng Xuetian wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> In ubuntu/debian system, there is some case that session dbus isn't up,
> but my app already starts, so dbus_bug_get fails, is there any way to
> moniter when the dbus is on? (I cannot change the start up phase.)

Sorry, that question doesn't make sense.

If your application is inside a session, then D-Bus is accessible. The
definition of "session" is "D-Bus session daemon is accessible". Therefore, if
your application asks for the bus using dbus_bus_get and that fails, that
means your application is not inside a session.

Inside an X11 display session, the D-Bus daemon can be started automatically.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358