How to check if sender of message still exists?

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Thu Jun 9 03:34:31 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have server application which comunicate with plugins. Plugins send
presence (special dbus method call) to this server so user can se which
plugins are current "connected". If plugin terminate then he send
another "absence"
method. But what if plugin suddenly is terminated (killed) and could not
send absence method and serwer still showing it as connected? I could add
some timer which check presence of plugins but don't know what check. If
server get method call from plugin, I can get sender
calling dbus_message_get_sender function but what to do with this value (I
get something like "1.407")

Regards