Object path restrictions

Pavel Strashkin pavel.strashkin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:32:30 PDT 2011

Are you serious?

1. "/" is a delimiter, nothing new
2. if nobody used "." or other before - it won't break d-feet or gdbus.

The only problem which i see is:
1. d-feet, ... has internal incoming object path validator which
doesn't support new chars and can raise an exception
2. some new d-bus developer used new chars in couple with d-feet and
got an error

But is it the problem? Developer has the options:
1. Wait for new d-feet
2. Dont use d-feet
3. Dont use new chars until new d-feet version

If there is no real reason and issues (situation above isn't) - then
why we can't improve d-bus and make developer's life easy?