Credentials-passing nul byte missing

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 08:59:41 PDT 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 at 22:59:42 +0800, jerome zh wrote:
> I am now using DBUS (have been ported to eCos) under TCP mode.
> I got the reason by capturing packets over the wire. And I found the failure
> was caused by NO credentials-passing nul byte was send right after the tcp
> connection established.

In the reference implementation, _dbus_send_credentials_socket() sends the
nul byte and _dbus_read_credentials_socket() receives it; both are implemented
in dbus/dbus-sysdeps-PLATFORM.c (where PLATFORM is unix or win, as
appropriate).

It sounds as though the eCos port you're using is buggy and does not implement
the spec'd wire protocol. If you submit portability patches via
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ we can hopefully integrate them into mainstream
D-Bus with proper code review.