dbus-1.4 branch not buildable

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 10:39:12 PST 2011

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 at 16:35:39 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 10.03.11 12:14, Simon McVittie (simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk) wrote:
> > For the record, Lennart already fixed this in commit 9ad0881ff;
> > consider that commit retroactively Reviewed-By: me.
>
> Hmm, what's the policy on fixes like this?
> Can we agree that it is fine to commit trivial fixes like this one
> without review?

I think review is still valuable, but I'd be prepared to relax it to something
like: if an approved reviewer (re)wrote the patch, they can commit it based on
review from someone who isn't one of our approved reviewers (i.e. nag your
colleagues about trivial fixes :-), if they feel that it's appropriately
minor and the non-reviewer is qualified to review it.

(If people are OK with that, Cosimo Alfarano will probably end up reviewing
some of my smaller patches to drain the backlog a bit.)