Reliability of the D-Bus broadcast messages

Dean Jenkins djenkins at mvista.com
Tue Mar 22 02:17:30 PDT 2011

Hi Havoc,

On 21 March 2011 20:28, Havoc Pennington <hp at pobox.com> wrote:
> Signals do not have replies and cannot be reliable in this sense, though.

Please can you clarify what you meant by "reliability" wrt to signals.
For example, if a D-bus client application registers an interest in a
signal and the D-bus server application sends that signal, is the
client application guaranteed to receive that signal ?

I am asking because we see D-bus monitor showing signals being sent
but out client application only receives 3 out 5 signals. Obviously
that breaks our application. It could be bug in our application but I
just wanted to check that it is not a flaw in D-bus that prevents
signals not being received 100% of the time.

Regards,
Dean

--
Dean Jenkins