dbus-glib: a server with lots of objects

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon May 9 01:56:56 PDT 2011

On Mon, 09 May 2011 at 10:08:10 +0200, Neal H. Walfield wrote:
> Is it possible to listen to all object paths using the dbus-glib
> bindings?  What is the best way to accomplish this in a program that
> already makes extensive use of dbus-glib?

As I said on #dbus: if you must stick to dbus-glib, you can use
dbus_connection_register_fallback (part of libdbus, but dbus-glib connections
are implemented via libdbus connections, so you can mix the two if you're
careful). dbus-glib does not have a higher-level API for this.

Use dbus_g_connection_get_connection() to get the lower-level DBusConnection
out of the DBusGConnection.

(For the record, GDBus has g_dbus_connection_register_subtree which is
basically the same thing as dbus_connection_register_fallback.)