Signals queueing

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 10 04:30:06 PDT 2011

On Tue, 10 May 2011 at 16:50:01 +0530, aji.kumar at accenture.com wrote:
> Specific case is I implement a server that provides multiple methods
> on for clients to realize and I run Gmainloop for this, and I am also
> interested in asynchronous signals from couple of system daemons.
> With my current understanding : correct me if I am wrong, if I am not
> there in Gmainloop listening for signal messages I will miss the signals.

You won't miss signals like that. This structure is fine; it's how most D-Bus
services work (all Telepathy services, for instance).

While you're processing things, messages are queued in the underlying socket
or in the D-Bus libraries until you stop doing whatever you're doing and let
the main loop run again.