Problems with authentication step further - Please help

Bogdan Lotko boguslaw.lotko at chello.at
Wed May 25 08:18:20 PDT 2011

Hello,

According to my previous mail (Problems with ANONYMOUS authentication on
SUSE 10.3 ???)

Ive change the source code, so I am opening connection with the given
address:

bus = dbus_g_connection_open( "tcp:host=192.168.0.10,port=12345", &error );

if (!bus)
{
   cout << "Couldn't connect to starter bus. " << error->message << ".
EXITING" << endl;
   // This is an essential problem so...
   exit(1);
}

// Then I try to register my service
   bus_proxy = dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name( bus, "org.freedesktop.DBus",

                                              "/org/freedesktop/DBus",

                 "org.freedesktop.DBus" );
  if( !dbus_g_proxy_call( bus_proxy,
                                          "RequestName",
&error,
                                          G_TYPE_STRING,
                                          "my.service.name",
                                          G_TYPE_UINT,
DBUS_NAME_FLAG_DO_NOT_QUEUE,
                                          G_TYPE_INVALID,
                                          G_TYPE_UINT,
&request_name_result,
                                          G_TYPE_INVALID) )
  {
    cout << "Request Name Result " << request_name_result << endl;
    cout << "Error: " << error->message << endl;
  }

and the results from here are:

Request Name Result 3059229745
Error: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection
was broken.

With session daemon everything works!

Please help !

with best regards