DBus error

Steven Sroka sroka.steven at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 10:04:54 PST 2011

>On 18 November 2011 06:43, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 de November de 2011 21.30.29, Steven Sroka wrote:
>> I hope I'm in the right place, but I'm trying to implement KAuth (a
>> KDE class) into my program. When I initiate and run my helper (a small
>> program), I get an error message back stating "Cannot launch daemon,
>> file not found or permissions invalid". This is apparently a DBus
>> error. While I don't expect anyone to help me debug the KDE side of
>> this problem, does anyone know what would cause this error from the
>> dbus end?
>
> What is the error name you get back? That above is the error message, a human
> readable description.

I'm not one hundred percent sure what you mean by error name, but this
is what I know after some detective work:

KAuth returns DBusError as the error, and this as the error
description that accompanies it:
DBus Backend error: could not contact the helper. Connection error:
Could not get owner of name 'org.kde.auth.kreminder': no such name.
Message error: Cannot launch daemon, file not found or permissions
invalid