[dbus]How to verify the capability of dbus IPC between machines

yinxb yinxiaobiao at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:38:08 PST 2011

Hi  Thiago Macieira and Pavel

     Thanks for your reply.

     As metioned in your mail,I did the following steps:
1.Romote PC:
   Config /etc/dbus-1/system.conf.
   Add listen tcp:host=0.0.0.0,port=12434

2.Local PC:
   dbus-send --address=tcp:host=xx.xxx.xx.116,port=12434 --print-reply
 --dest=org.gnome.PowerManager
/org/ayatana/NotificationItem/gnome_power_manager/Menu
org.freedesktop.Dbus.Introspectable.Introspect

after that,I got the following message:
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply.
Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
expired, or the network connection was broken.

Can you figure out what is missing or wrong with my steps?

ps:
telnet can connect the remote PC (xx.xxx.xx.116).