No reply within specified time

Yogesh Vedpathak yogeshvedpathak at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 09:26:42 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have implemented a dbus, say S1, that exposes bunch of methods and I have a client, say C1, that calls one of the method. There is also a part of problem (not on dbus client), say C2, that calls methods on dbus exposed by other application. I am using java bindings.

Occasionally my client get error  (No reply within specified time). I have have debug logs for dbus-daemon from which i can tell that this errors happens when both C1 and C2 are working together. I have attached two logs. One capture when call succeeds (good_out) and other when call timeouts (Problem_out). The method call that timeouts is 'getKnownDisks'

Since there are no timestamps I am not what is taking time. The logs look pretty normal. Any pointer for further investigation?

PS: I have tried increasing timeout to 2 minutes but it doesn't help.

Regards,
Yogesh