DBUS getall method

Shah, Nirav J2 nirav.j2.shah at intel.com
Fri Apr 6 12:32:31 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have a dbus implementation which is implementing multiple Interfaces inside a single object beside the standard dbus interfaces.  I have 2 questions.

1) The get_all() function takes the interface_name as an input. But this input seems to be optional (at-least according to the qdbusviewer).  According to the specification is it in fact true (for multiple interface usecase).

2) If the input is infact optional and If some of the properties are not always valid. In the situation can the get_all() just skip those properties? I tried this and maybe it's just my implementation but it crashed. Has anyone done something similar? I couldn't find any examples of multiple interface in a single object at all.

PS: By valid I mean it is not always relevant.

Example to clarify the doubt.
//standard Interface each needs to implement
Object 1-> Object1.Dbus.Introspectable
Object 1-> Object1.Dbus.Properties
//implementation specific interfaces.
Object 1 -> Object1.Interface.A
Object 1-> Object1.Interface.B
Object 1 -> Object1.Interface.C

During introspection I am passing a structure with all the properties belonging to all the interfaces.

Each interface has a set of properties which are not always valid for the object. So in the above example for a particular run time scenario properties of Interface.B may not valid.  What is the get all supposed to do then.

Thanks,
Nirav.