screen hangs in android phone using dbus version 1.4.20 due to recursive mutex

Pradeep Panigrahi imppanigrahi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 04:16:02 PDT 2012

Hi ,

I have a android phone using dbus version 1.4.20 + the changes in dbus
required to use the recursive mutex provided by Pthread. I am running a
shellCommand from framework using ShellCommand.java utility . I am invoking
this shell command from run() of SystemServer.java.

But when i am rebooting my phone, i see a screen hang
because Runtime.getRuntime().exec() of shellcommnad.java gets blocked
on __recursive_lock(), api of Pthread.c.

I am not facing this screen hangs when i am using dbus without recursive
mutex changes.

Have anyone faced similar issue??

Please suggest if this issue is already fixed on latest dbus and point me
to the patches which fixed it.

 Regards,

Panigrahi