Python / C++ application D-Bus usage issues

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sun Dec 16 17:32:10 PST 2012

On Sat, 2012-12-15 at 16:05 +0000, Krzysztof Konopko wrote:
> Hi Kip,
>
> Python bindings seem to use org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable
> interface to learn about a DBus service to provide relevant bindings on
> the run time. If you want your service to interact with Python
> applications properly, you need to implement
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable interface and write an XML
> specification of your service. IMO this is a good idea anyway as you
> might want to use some other tools like d-feet.
>
> See more here:
> http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#standard-interfaces-introspectable
>
> I'm not an expert so in order to answer any detailed questions I'd have
> to read the relevant documentation which I believe your can also do
> yourself.
>
> HTH,
> Kris

Hey Kris. Thanks a lot. I think this might be overkill though, no? All I
want to do is send simple signals between the C++ and the Python
application, without complex method invocation, introspection, and such.
Is this not possible?

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred