Python / C++ application D-Bus usage issues

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sun Dec 16 17:33:37 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-14 at 21:56 -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I'm sorry, I don't know the API of the Python binding. I can't help you with
> it.
>
> But since your C++ code does not reply to Introspection, you need to find a way
> to emit the signal in the Python side without creating a proxy object. Forget
> the C++ application for a minute: make the Python object emit and confirm that
> it got emitted by using dbus-monitor. Once that is working, go back to your
> C++ application.

Hey Thiago. I think that's probably what I need to do, but I don't know
how to emit a signal from the Python side without creating a proxy
object. The documentation for dbus I am finding fairly convoluted and
relevant example code difficult to find.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred