Python / C++ application D-Bus usage issues

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sun Dec 16 22:41:25 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 17:35 +1100, Andrey Sidorov wrote:
> Yes, '0' is also invalid signature (see spec). I'm not sure about
> Python API but probably 'no arguments' signature is empty string.

Hey Andrey. I thought the 0 was a sentinel marker, but I guess I
misunderstood the spec. I don't know why I didn't think to try the empty
string.

My problem now is that I am still seeing the following non-fatal error:

        ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error
        on :1.341:/com/myproject/MyObject:
        dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
        org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply.
        Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
        reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
        reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

I am not really sure how to deal with the Introspect message. I am
guessing the receiving C++ application is suppose to respond to this
message by sending back an XML description of its supported interface
(which it shouldn't have any). However, I don't actually see this
message ever received in the C++ application.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred