Python / C++ application D-Bus usage issues

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Mon Dec 17 23:04:24 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 21:57 -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> DBus-Python probes if and only if you create a proxy object. We've been
> telling you for a week not to create one.

Thiago, please spare me the attitude. I understood what you were saying
the first time. I didn't realize though that I didn't need a proxy
object to send or receive signals at the time. So I wasn't sure how to
accomplish that without a proxy object - understanding at the same time
that the proxy object was the reason for the Introspect method call.

> Alternatively, you should use a decent binding for your C++ side, one that
> handles the introspection automatically.

I would love to, but I found complete documentation and relevant
examples scarce for two C++ bindings that I managed to find, with one of
them looking like abandonware.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred