Running GUI and "GObject.mainloop.run()" together?

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 05:58:23 PST 2012

Hi all.

I figured out a solution :)
By using the ".add_signal_receiver" python API, I can "ping" the child
process, even if it has just the "Gtk.main()" loop running (and not the
"GObject.mainloop" + "dbus.mainloop.glib.DBusGMainLoop" combination
running).

This way, the "server" (listening for the signal) is set.

Just one question, currently for the client, I am having the (client)
(parent) process run the command "dbus-send" via the python-subprocess  API.
Does there exist a python API to do it in a cleaner manner?

Regards,
Ajay