D-Bus optimizations

Bill Gatliff bgat at billgatliff.com
Tue Feb 28 02:56:18 PST 2012

Guys:

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM, Alberto Mardegan
<mardy at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Avoiding routing all the messages through one process (the D-Bus server)
> seems like a huge (at least 2x, I should think) optimization. Not only
> because of the data copies which are eliminated, but also for lower
> latency and avoiding running into a possible bottleneck when the D-Bus
> server is busy processing other messages.

It seems that this improvement will make it easier to schedule
real-time transactions, too.  In the past, that has been a challenge
in my using D-Bus in embedded work.

This is a multi-dimensional improvement, to say the least.  Kudos!

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
bgat at billgatliff.com