D-Bus optimizations

David Zeuthen zeuthen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 03:28:44 PST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at gnome-db.org> wrote:
> yes, there are a lot of other improvements that could be done, message validation being one
> of them. Note though that with multicast, we remove one of the
> validations, as the daemon doesn't do anything on most of the messages
> sent to the bus.

Many applications rely on the message bus (or whatever is routing the
message for delivery to the application) validating the D-Bus message,
in particular validating that strings are proper UTF-8, ensuring that
the message is bounded (max size is 127MiB) and so on. I think that
removing this guarantee is a very bad idea.

     David