Plumbers microconf - How to run Android and its apps in a standard Linux desktop?

Karim Yaghmour karim.yaghmour at opersys.com
Sat Jul 7 16:03:51 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm putting together a microconf at the upcoming plumbers on how to get
Android and its apps to coexist with standard Linux desktops:
http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2012:android

I think it would be great if we had some folks involved in D-Bus in
attendance in order to allow discussion on how Android's mechanisms
(such as Intents) could be made to co-exist/communicate with D-Bus.
D-Bus is of course already in Android since it's used for Bluetooth, but
it's not used for anything else. All app/system-to-app/system is done
through Intents.

Keith Packard has mentioned his interest for this microconf, so if we
could get some folks from D-Bus to provide input I think we might be
able to get some critical mass on moving this idea of running Android
and its apps in standard Linux desktop from "dream" to reality.

P.S.: I didn't know anyone specifically from the the D-Bus community by
name so I thought I'd send it to this mailing list. Let me know if
somewhere else would be more relevant. Also, feel free to contact me
off-list to discuss interest/scope.

--
Karim Yaghmour
CEO - Opersys inc. / www.opersys.com