D-Bus windows help

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 05:10:05 PDT 2012

On 07/07/12 18:01, brett at stottlemyer.com wrote:
> I need to use the following command to start dbus-daemon, otherwise it
> starts as nonce-tcp:, it seems to ignore the environment variable
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS (I guess there is a different way to set the
> address for the daemon)?
>   dbus-daemon --session --address=autolaunch:

Yes, there is a different way to set the address for the daemon, and
that different way is the --address option.

Alternatively, you can edit etc/dbus-1/session.conf and change
autolaunch with one of the scope arguments, if you're using that - I'm
still hoping for a good explanation of which scope you should use in
which situation(s)).