communication is slower in DBus

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 08:06:45 PDT 2012

Vinoth V wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have implemented Dbus in my system(dbus_1.4.6 and glib-2.30 ) but the
> time taken for communication between two process is 24.sec(average for
> 10000 loops).
> I want to make the average as 4msec or lesser.
I don't think that you'll get any help until you'll send an example code,
and state more explicitly what do you need. I remember that D-Bus is not
optimized for round-trip speed, so you should do a few big requests, not
many small requests each waiting the previous one.

P.S.: I'm neither a D-Bus developer, nor a libdbus/gdbus user.
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru