Security and bugfix support for D-Bus 1.2, 1.4

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 07:51:22 PDT 2012

On 05/06/12 15:27, Simon McVittie wrote:
> This version starts a new stable branch of D-Bus: only bug fixes will
> be accepted into 1.6.x. Other changes will now go to the 1.7.x branch.

D-Bus 1.4.x is in the batch of distributions released alongside GNOME
3.4 (Ubuntu 12.04, Fedora 17 etc.), so we should certainly have security
support for D-Bus 1.4 for a while (in the same way that D-Bus 1.2
received security fixes while 1.4 was current).

D-Bus 1.2.x is in at least Debian 6 and Ubuntu 10.04 (LTS). If we get a
D-Bus security vulnerability before Debian 7 (which will have 1.6) is
released, I'll aim to fix it in 1.2. After Debian 7 is out, my interest
in Debian 6 will basically have ended, so whether we have security
support for 1.2 depends whether anyone volunteers to do it.

Regards,