process 20829: dbus message changed byte order since append iterator was created

Baba Prasad gbabu at ece.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Jun 26 00:43:56 PDT 2012

Hi Thiago Macieira,
                   Thank you for responding to my mail,

Please see, the below function I am invoking in fedora-16 32 bit .

get_modem_path(DBusConnection *conn)
{
        DBusMessage *msg;
        DBusPendingCall *pending;
        DBusMessageIter args;
        msg = dbus_message_new_method_call("org.freedesktop.ModemManager",
                                           "/org/freedesktop/ModemManager",
                                           "org.freedesktop.ModemManager",
                                           "EnumerationDevice");

        if(NULL == msg)
        {
        syslog(LOG_ERR, "Message Null !! \n");
        exit(1);
        }

        if(!dbus_connection_send_with_reply(conn, msg, &pending, -1))
                {

                syslog(LOG_ERR, "Out of knowledge!! :) \n");

                exit(1);
                }
        dbus_connection_flush(conn);
        dbus_message_unref(msg);
        dbus_pending_call_block(pending);
        msg = dbus_pending_call_steal_reply(pending);

        if(NULL == msg)
        {
        syslog(LOG_ERR, "Reply Null !! \n");
        exit(1);
        }

        dbus_pending_call_unref(pending);
}

The "conn" received as a parameter in this function is used in other
methods too and it works fine. I am getting the following error only for
"Enumerate Devices".

> On terça-feira, 26 de junho de 2012 10.49.38, Baba Prasad wrote:
>> msg = dbus_message_new_method_call("org.freedesktop.ModemManager",
>>                                            "/org/freedesktop/ModemManager",
>>                                            "org.freedesktop.ModemManager",
>>                                            "EnumerationDevice");
>>
>> is there any wrong
>
> Not here.
>
> Your problem is elsewhere. Please make a testcase.
>
> --
>    Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
>       PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
>       E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Best Regards
   BaBu

believed to be clean.