Way to show programs receiving dbus-signal ?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon May 14 09:43:47 PDT 2012

On segunda-feira, 14 de maio de 2012 23.44.10, 007900800083 at citiz.net wrote:
> Hi dbus maillist friends:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;
> I&aps;m searching a way to get which programs or processes have interested
> in specific dbus-signal,<br>given by name,interface of dbus-signal.
> It&aps;s helpful for seeing system&aps;s status &amp; debugging. <br>Does
> someone kindly tell me whether there is a simple way or deep into source

First of all, please don't write HTML-only email. I'd recommend avoiding HTML
completely, since the text portion of your email is what counts.

Second, I'm sorry but there's no way to retrieve the information about which
connections have demonstrated interest in a particular signal.

If you really wish to get this information, you can modify the daemon so that
you can retrieve the list of match rules and the connections they apply to.
Then use the rules to determine which connections are interested in those
signals. Note that rules like "type='signal'" will match for any and all
signals.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358