Dbus multiple threading problem

Vinoth V v.vinoth3e at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:01:57 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I am using dbus-1.4.16 (glib binding is done using the library glib-2.30 )
in a multi-threaded environment, like a server(different process) runs in
one end, and a client(different process) in one end, but if i run a client,
calling a  same synchronous function for multiple times using threads, i am
getting error like

"Error in called_function name,
msg="GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus)".

(process:2064): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_get_fixed_array: assertion
`g_variant_is_of_type (value, G_VARIANT_TYPE_ARRAY)' failed

but if i call this function only once, i am gettin my output properly.

so i have a doubt like, whether dbus allows simultaneous execution
of synchronise functions ? or it is only serial execution.

kindly help me.

Regards
Vinoth