How to call Login1.Manager methods from Perl?

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Sun Nov 4 14:56:56 PST 2012

James wrote:
> Try using the d-feet program to explore what is available on your
> system.

This was the reason for the problem. Thanks for that information. ArchLinux
didn't have a "full featured" systemd, but that seems to be fixed now.

So the next problem. My Idea was to create an "Inhibitor" from Perl.

use strict;
use Net::DBus qw(:typing);

my $bus = Net::DBus->system;
my $logind = $bus->get_service('org.freedesktop.login1');
my $manager = $logind->get_object('/org/freedesktop/login1',
'org.freedesktop.login1.Manager');
$manager->Inhibit('handle-power-key', 'testproc', 'testreason', 'block');

Result:

unknown type sig 'h' at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Net/DBus/Binding/Introspector.pm line 810.

I'm not interested in the return value, as the Inhibitor should run until my
process ends (which closes all open file handles). So is there a simple way to
just ignore the return value?

Thanks in advance.

Yours

Manuel