dbus_g_proxy_call lets applikation crash

Eckert Martin (DC-IA/EWT1) Martin.Eckert at boschrexroth.de
Wed Nov 7 03:10:01 PST 2012

Hello all,
I'm using dbus_g_proxy_call to transmit information (3 int variables) to a dbus-server on glib 2.24.0 (linux arm)
The proxy has been initialized at application startup using:
bus = dbus_g_bus_get(DBUS_BUS_SYSTEM, &error);
DBusGProxy* Proxy = dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name(bus, z_c_ServiceName, z_c_ObjInstance, z_c_Interface);
When using this proxy to send data, application crashes with signal 11 after a few calls to dbus_g_proxy_call

After that I have tried to open a new Proxy before each call to dbus_g_proxy_call and closed it using g_object_unref after dbus_g_proxy_call has returned.
This works fine when the Proxy is declared static.

My question to you: Can a Proxy get invalid?  What am I doing wrong?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Martin Eckert

DC-IA/EWT1
Bosch Rexroth. The Drive & Control Company
Tel. 07192-22453
Fax 07192-22290
martin.eckert at boschrexroth.de<mailto:martin.eckert at boschrexroth.de>
www.boschrexroth.com<http://www.boschrexroth.com>

Bosch Rexroth AG
Fornsbacher Str. 92
71540 Murrhardt
GERMANY

Firmensitz: Stuttgart, Registrierung: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 23192
Vorstand: Dr. Karl Tragl (Vorsitzender), Dr. Georg Hanen; Dr. Bertram Hoffmann; Dr. Stefan Spindler
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Siegfried Dais